Client-centered Therapy Focused on Daily Activities
Our licensed, experienced therapists provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for patients who have a condition, illness, disease or traumatic injuries. Our client-centered therapy, which is provided both in the hospital and in the outpatient rehab center, includes treatment associated with activities of daily living with a focus on improving quality of life.
Upon physician referral, an occupational therapy evaluation may be scheduled. Therapy will be coupled with easy to understand education and instruction in individualized exercise programs allowing active participation in rehabilitation.
Treatment techniques may include:
- Activities of daily living intervention including equipment adaptation and training.
- Range of motion, strength and coordination training
- Energy conservation, joint protection and activity modification
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Safety training
- Hand rehabilitation provided by a certified hand therapist
- Customized splinting
- Patient and family education
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 708-538-4942.