Urology Robotic Surgery
High-tech Tool for Minimally Invasive Procedures
Highly skilled urological surgeons at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital use the da Vinci® Xi surgical system to perform minimally invasive procedures with precision.
The da Vinci® Xi is an advanced surgical robot that allows our urologic specialists to perform surgery with greater control and flexibility, easily accessing locations of the body that are difficult to reach by hand. Operating through small incisions, movements by the surgeon's hand or wrist are translated into highly precise movements of the da Vinci® Xi’s surgical instruments.
Patients with conditions including urinary blockages, kidney and prostate cancers will benefit from the advanced 3D high definition system, versatile instrumentation and intuitive motion technology available with the da Vinci® Xi.
Other benefits include less blood loss, less scarring, smaller incisions, fewer complications, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times with this technologically advanced, minimally invasive surgery system.
Using the da Vinci® Xi surgical system, the urology team at Gottlieb performs the following procedures:
- Cystectomy (for bladder cancer)
- Lymphadenectomy (lymph node removal)
- Nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy (for kidney disease and kidney cancer)
- Nephroureterectomy (for cancer of the upper urinary tract)
- Prostatectomy (for prostate cancer)
- Pyeloplasty (for urinary obstruction)
- Ureteral reimplantation (to repair tubes that connect the bladder to the kidneys)